Translate

**If you have previously subscribed to received my posts via email: Please subscribe to my posts via Bloglovin in the right sidebar.**

Saturday, February 11, 2012

"Geared up in Love" for Leslie Rayhe's Very Steampunk Valentine Bloghop


Welcome to Leslie Rayhe's Very Steampunk Valentine Bloghop. This is where Love and Steampunk have craftily collided. I have to admit I have become enamored with Steampunk and have been working on many varied projects in this Genre {it's pretty easy since I have a lot of old rusty junk}.


The center heart is a scrolled medallion I cast in Amazing Mold Putty then melted UTEE and colored with green alcohol ink to get an Absinthe color and feeling. The gears are gold hologram paper die cut with TH Sizzix Die that are also hit with some alcohol ink and maroon cats eye chalk ink. The centers are TH metal gears and the gems brad centers are Imaginisce. The background is a piece of distressed metal tape background embossed with gears embossing folder layered with a gesso/acrylic primer then colored with various alcohol inks. The center gears are layered on some beaded and embroidered trim and finished off with metal corners. LOVE IT!!!

Thanks so much for visiting. Want to win some blog CANDY? I will be giving away some steampunk crafty goodies. Please follow this blog and leave a comment to be entered in the drawing. ALSO - the winner of the last STEAMPUNK BLOGHOP in OCTOBER is....drumroll please...

So Fantastic and I love your mixed media steampunk art...TFS

Cheryl - please email me at sbartist1107 at yahoo dot com to send me your addy. Hope you all enjoy the rest of the bloghop and have a great weekend!

Below are the super crafty individuals participating...just click a box to hop to the next stop! You are currently at {sbartist} box #9.
Sb : )

27 comments:

  1. I love that heart you molded it is beautiful, the gears and background are perfect for your Steampunk heart

    ReplyDelete
  2. Followed your blog with Google Reader - LOVE LOVE LOVE what you did with the metal tape background! I'm going to try that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I already follow your blog.

    Your steampunk valentine is amazing! You do so many neat things with the Amazing Mold Putty. I'm putting it on my shopping list.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Totally gorge, love it and that heart is phenom ! xoxo Fab

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous card!!! I love how it turned out even if you burned your fingers@ :)
    Thank you so much for being part of my leslierahye's very steampunk Valentine blog hop!! I'm so proud you joined!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic Susan!! The colors look so good together and the heart is so nice!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is one of those cards I'd love to see in person. Your layers look awesome and the scrolled medallion turned out perfect. Love the design.
    -Molly

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love both the textures and colors in your piece. Just amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fabulous work of art. Wish I could touch it the textures look amazing

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like. there are so many aspects. i had to look at it over and over again.thanks

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the card, it fabulous. TFS http://pammejo-scrapbookflair.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey Susan that is just a fabulous card! You've got steampunk don't pat. Happy Valentines Day!

    Hugs XX
    Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  13. Steampunk gone elegant! What gorgeous colors! Very beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I forgot to leave my contact info: miki.t@comcast.net

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yout card is fabulous! Love it! Tfs!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This card is amazing. I love the color way.

    ReplyDelete
  17. this card is awesome calebwmartin@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. This card is so unique !!!
    Love the way you brought so many pieces together to create this finished piece of art !!
    Judy

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your thoughts and comments...

Blog Widget by LinkWithin