Translate

**If you have previously subscribed to received my posts via email: Please subscribe to my posts via Bloglovin in the right sidebar.**

Saturday, April 9, 2011

You Make My Heart Flutter -
Unscripted Sketches #101

Hi everyone - here's my first official creation for the Unscripted Sketches Design Team Sketch #101. YES - a scrapbook page [my local crafty pals are having a good laugh right now]. I don't usually make scrapbook pages, I'm more of a dimensional cards & altered arts maniac. Although I've been teaching scrapbooking & papercrafting techniques for years - I came across this paper while rummaging around for stuff to work with - and since I had a new cute photo a family member took of me and my DH [while I was teasing everyone on FB about my big news - thanks to all who played to build up suspense] - it was a perfect match for this project.

What is Sketch it Saturdays at Unscripted Sketches?
Every Saturday morning we post a sketch for the week. Flip the sketch, rotate it… create a card, a scrapbook page, a wall hanging, digital, paper, fabric, paint, anything your imagination comes up with! There is no right or wrong way, as long as you are using the Unscripted sketch as the inspiration for your creation! Everyone is invited to play along and post your creations with inlinkz. You could be selected as featured top three in next weeks post!

Hope you like this. The top photo is from last Saturday, my husband's cousin caught a shot of us on her cell phone camera. It's not often that someone gets a photo of just the two of us. The lower photo is from our very first official date, just over 20 years ago. Time sure has flown, but we are still so in love. The three accent pix are from various memorable events: top is from our first 5 star all access Def Leppard concert in WPB; middle from Dan's parents 50th Anniversary party; bottom from a Labor Day trip to Tampa at Ybor City.

My variation of the sketch is flipped upside down & mirrored. The background paper is by SandyLion and has the words already printed on it. I just outlined "You make my heart flutter" with blue marker, and accented with jelly roll white and hologram sparkle pens for a little pop. I made all the photos black and white to unite them. The three small images are punched out and placed in actual recycled bottlecaps. The background bandana paper is a printed digital-image left over from an altered book project - I distressed the edges to make look fringey. I matted the photos on vellum and distressed and sanded the edges of the vellum and the photos. The corner accents are metal corners by American Crafts.

Have a great week everyone! I'm off to the "Odd Duck Bazaar" in Davie to volunteer at the make & take booth with the Hollywood Craft Mafia for the afternoon. My sister & her girls are coming and my DH got us a hotel in Hollywood Beach to have a sleepover since the weather is so nice. See you next week!
: ) Sb

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your thoughts and comments...

Blog Widget by LinkWithin