Translate

**If you have previously subscribed to received my posts via email: Please subscribe to my posts via Bloglovin in the right sidebar.**

Monday, August 17, 2015

What's more "MANLY" than Cowboys and BACON? Unruly Paper Arts August Readers Art Quest

Hello Everyone... where is August going??! Well it's time for some more inspiration for the current Reader's Art Quest at Unruly Paper Arts. This month's challenge theme is "MANLY". What's more manly than cowboys and bacon?!! For this month's inspiration I created a fun card using some scraps of handmade painted papers paired with a fun stamped cowboy image and quote.

http://www.unrulypaperarts.com/2015/08/august-2015-reader-art-quest.html

The Unruly Paper Arts Reader's Art Quest "MANLY" Inspiration photo and color palette, are a little dusty and perhaps a little grungy, with a POP of color.


I began with a 5" x 7" cardstock base to which I glued a painted papertowel {resulting from mopping up spray mists from faux leathering paper}, layered with a scrap of corrugated painted with Faber-Castell Gelatos {leftover from this seasonal art}. I layered the stamps ""Keep Calm and Put Bacon On"" and Cowboy with Lasso, from Viva Las VegaStamps! on cream cardstock, each double matted on recycled brown envelope, brown cardstock and a torn edge.

I hope you enjoyed my project and that you are inspired to join us in this month's Reader's Art Quest. I would love to see what you create. Please leave me a comment with your link.  :) Sb

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your thoughts and comments...

Blog Widget by LinkWithin