Translate

**If you have previously subscribed to received my posts via email: Please subscribe to my posts via Bloglovin in the right sidebar.**

Monday, August 24, 2015

#Cre8time Organization that's to DIE for...



Hello Everyone! It's a new week and I'm focusing on getting my crafty stash organized... today I'm focusing on my fun collection of thin metal dies. I am a die-hard club member of The Stamps of Life and I get a fun new collection of stamps with dies each month. Until now I have them all in a box in the mail packaging they come in - but I can't see them and have no clue what is in each. I have a solution combining two products from Deflecto Craft and a few staples from my crafty stash.

I'm using two Deflecto Craft products to create this FUNctional tabletop die storage... and it's a quick and easy transformation.


The sleek and modern Deflecto Document Browser® has six clear dividers on a black base which move effortlessly to browse files. I knew straightaway that this would be a great way to store my ever-growing collection of thin metal dies. I need them to be out where I can see them and organized in a fun way. This document browser system is perfect for this... the best part is that I can use both sides of each divider as my collection grows.


The Deflecto Craft Magnetic Sheets come in a package of three 8" x 15" sheets, with a white backing. These white magnetic sheets can be painted or papered, embellished or customized to any project. Thin enough to cuts easily with scissors, craft knives and die cuts... even emboss. I will be using the magnetic side {black side} up for sticking items to the storage system.


First I use a sheet of deli paper to trace a cutting pattern to fit each panel. I measure and cut six sections to size and trace pattern with pencil on the white side of magnet sheets. Now for a little fun! I could have skipped this step - but I wanted add a little texture and flair to my storage... and I think this will aid in pulling off the dies. So I picked an embossing folder with a gradiant dot pattern and embossed each magnetic section with my Cuttlebug. Honestly, I grabbed the first folder that was within reach {I have about 200} and didn't want to fuss with trying to choose.


I had to run each sheet through twice to complete pattern all the way across. I repeated for all five sheets.


I made sure that embossing would be raised on the black magnetic side. Now it's just so fun, right??!


Now for the most technical part of the transformation - cutting and gluing. I went to my stash and grabbed some double sided adhesive sheets for this job. Makes things quick and easy. I cut to size of rectangles and adhered to white side of each panel. The adhesive sheets are translucent enough to see my pattern line. I cut each to shape and did a test fit to make any trim adjustments if needed. I peeled off the backing and mounted to the Document Browser®. Voila!!


I have all six panels nearly filled and room to grow on the backside!

Flipping through my Stash o'Dies!!!


How would you organize with Deflecto Craft?

CLICK HERE to jump over to the Deflecto Craft Facebook Page
or Deflecto on Pinterest to see more of the teams creations.



For more information on the Deflecto line of products,

•••••••••••••

Stay tuned this week as I will be sharing more ideas using Deflecto Craft products building up to a Designer Crafts Connection Deflecto Craft Challenge bloghop this THURSDAY - you don't want to miss it! Have a fabulous day :) Sb

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your thoughts and comments...

Blog Widget by LinkWithin