Translate

**If you have previously subscribed to received my posts via email: Please subscribe to my posts via Bloglovin in the right sidebar.**

Thursday, June 18, 2015

Seeing the Beauty of #Cre8time Leftovers... #ICAD2015 Day 17 - Wabi Sabi


Happy Thursday everyone! I'm trying to squeeze in some Cre8time everyday playing along with ICAD 2015! I've missed a couple days here and there, and I'm way behind in posting them - but I wanted to share this one today... a little collage of scraps with stamping. My stamps are coming in handy and I'm enjoying getting to use them for these diverse prompts.

Day 17 prompt is Wabi-sabi. I had to look this up on google... 
Wabi-sabi is the quintessential Japanese aesthetic. It is a beauty of things imperfect, impermanent, and incomplete. It is a beauty of things modest and humble.
Paper scraps are modest and humble... right??!


I've got a bag of scraps on my table filled with torn pieces and misc clippings and stuff leftover from other projects. I am determined to ONLY use these things whenever possible for ICAD this summer. Today's card background is collaged with a section of clothing pattern and 5 rows of green torn paper strips leftover from another project. I am insane about tearing and I seem to have endless pieces in the scrap bag. I love how beautiful and organic a torn edge looks... each is unique with it's own twists and turns.

  


With the background complete I overstamped with a couple of stamps using Stone Gray Stazon: "Pretty Lady Stamp/Cancellation" #17538 and "Made in China" #1742 {both Viva Las VegaStamps!}. This is coming along nicely!


The cancellation was a bit dark so I collaged another layer of sewing pattern paper over it and scribbled over with some yellow ochre colored pencil. I inked up my feature stamp - "Crooked Tree" #15922 {VLVS!} with Versafine black ink and hit it with some VLVS! embossing powder. 


The finishing touch is a Wabi-sabi bowl made from a crumpled scrap of Kraft Glassine with insets of torn bright blue magazine paper. I colored over the blue cracks with Versamarker and hit with embossing powder for a little extra "POP". A little glue stick to tack the bowl down and black PITT pen detailing and I am done :)

I think my card collage using scraps of this and that with a couple stamps fit the description... and I think it's lovely to look at too.


My completed cover card for Day 17 - Wabi Sabi

+ + + + + + + + + + + + +


You can play along too - visit ICAD for all the details!

Everyone needs a little Cre8time in their lives and ICAD is perfect for me to squeeze even just a half hour in to play. Have a great day! :) Sb

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your thoughts and comments...

Blog Widget by LinkWithin