Translate

**If you have previously subscribed to received my posts via email: Please subscribe to my posts via Bloglovin in the right sidebar.**

Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Preserving Memories like a ROCK STAR for the September Designer Crafts Connection Bloghop



Welcome! It's a new month... September which marks a new monthly Designer Crafts Connection Bloghop. This month's theme is all about "Preserving Memories". I'll admit I don't do a whole lot of traditional scrapbooking. Though from time to time, I do make little commemorative mini books or shadowboxes to document a special occasion or vacation... and today's make is a labor of L-O-V-E!!!


In July we took a weekend getaway to go see my favorite band on tour in North Carolina {I think the photos speak for themselves}. They did make a stop in South Florida - but on a Tuesday night... we are too old to stay up that late on a school work nite LOL! So we took a little getaway to have much needed downtime and adult fun. I printed out a bunch of photos on my Zink® hAppy™ right from my phone {and hubs also} and now I've got a bunch of adhesive back photos ready to go!


We are pretty much homebodies and don't to too much going out and stuff {thanks to technology and onDemand} - but we do go all out for a great concert. Our ticket package included a meet and greet and photo with the band, and an autographed photo to take with us. If you are a fan of Def Leppard - its common knowledge that they don't do a whole lot of signings because of the frauds being peddled on eBay. When I received this Deflecto 12 x 12 Craft Frame, I knew this would be perfect to showcase one of these signed pix {and the other I will have traditionally matted/framed for my hubs office at work}. The modern frame goes perfectly with my modern furnishings and gives me the ability to protect my keepsake and add more layers and dimension to the outside, too!


I got started matting and layering with glue dots my photo, black and silver cardstock and the blue Rowlux and gently slid into the frame. This looks pretty great as is... but there's more! With my photos {and some taken by a super talented Rock Star Wife}, some ephemera from the trip and some supplies on hand I have transformed this into an interactive display.

Supplies used: Deflecto 12x12 Craft Frame and three Deflecto Mini Craft Frames; 12x12 sheet of Dark Blue Sea Glass patterned Rowlux Illusion Film; Zink® hAppy™ photo printer; coordinating cardstock for matting; paper trimmer; Grafix Double Tack Mounting Film, silver shiny metallic school folder; recycled imaging film acetate {black}; Cuttlebug; Darice Filmstrip 12" Embossing Folder; Autographed photo and ephemera from vacation; washi tape; chalk inks; Glue Dots and Glue Lines adhesive products; and scissors.

  

The photo had a nice 1/4" white border so I accented with super skinny mattes in black and silver to balance with the signatures. I centered and left margins equal on the three sides and more on the bottom leaving space for all my extras.

I don't know why I only have one postcard from this particular trip - I usually buy more. I love to pick up postcards when I visit somewhere for a short visit and I don't have a lot of time to take my own photos. Anyway I've improvised to make a postcard accordion book. I love making little mini books and the front/back covers are actual postcards. I join cut sections of cardstock together to make it as long as needed {these were approximately 4 x 12 folded in half}.




For this project I needed a little GLAM and shine so I cut up a shiny metallic school folder pieced together with sections of double-sided adhesive sheets. I reinforced the folds with washi tape and rubbed the white edges with blue chalk ink. Now I have a place to put all those mini photos I printed! I folded over and mounted the back panel to one of the mini Deflecto Craft Frames which I will mount to the larger frame. I will be able to remove if needed by just sliding it off the frame and there's another place to add a photo, too.

  

Here's the opening spread a collage of loads of pix and the real guitar picks I scored from being in the third row. Thanks to Gene Simmons for flicking one straight at my head otherwise I wouldn't have seen it coming - LOL!



I have some black acetate that is recycled light exposed film from my imagesetter at work. I cut some to size and embossed with this fun 12" Darice filmstrip embossing folder to mount some of the mini photos on. My project has seemingly taken on a life of it's own - but since I don't have to put adhesive on my photos... I'm so excited to continue!


After cropping and mounting photos to the faux film, I bent and mounted to one of the mini Deflecto Craft Frames with a couple strategically placed super strength Glue Lines.


I mounted the smallest Deflecto Craft Frame upside down to the backside as a hook to suspend my meet and greet pass lanyards... again Glue Dots to the rescue!


I am so happy at how this turned out and that it's bright and colorful - the Rowlux Illusion Film makes everything "POP". This will be the centerpiece our shared computer desk in my studio where I have an assortment of framed photos from other trips and adventures {that might also be needing a Cre8time makeover now}.

Thanks for visiting. Please drop by on Sunday, September 7th as the Designer Crafts Connection get creative with buttons, felt and glue for the "Kunin/Beacon/Buttons Galore" Bloghop - you don't want to miss it! Sb :)

Continue on the Designer Crafts Connection "Preserving Memories" Bloghop by selecting hop back/forward on the logo below.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your thoughts and comments...

Blog Widget by LinkWithin