Translate

**If you have previously subscribed to received my posts via email: Please subscribe to my posts via Bloglovin in the right sidebar.**

Sunday, July 20, 2014

Gone #Cre8time Fishin' for Anything But a Card Challenges No. 37



Good Morning! I'm traveling this weekend... but I still manage to squeeze in a little creative time here and there. Today for the current Anything But a Card Challenge No. 37, I have a fun Summertime tag to share that I made for a tag swap at Viva Las VegaStamps! Please CLICK HERE to jump over to see the other creations by our fantastic design team at ABAC.


The current Challenge... Anything But a Card Challenge #37 - "ANYTHING GOES"!! With the summer season in full swing full of vacations, days at the beach and summer camp – we thought we'd go with an OPEN THEME!!! Feel free to break out some supplies you haven't used in a while, try something new or create whatever your muse desires... as long as it's anything but a card!


* * * * * * * * * * * *

Please share any current project you have created and JUST REMEMBER... create anything EXCEPT a card for this challenge. Please mention and LINK BACK to this challenge. ALSO - Please new projects only {no-backlinking}. :)

**A REMINDER** This Challenge will go through midnight July 26th giving you one week to play along and ENJOY the creative process! Look forward to another Artist Spotlight + Mini Challenge next Sunday to keep you inspired.


* * * * * * * * * * * *


Now for a little more about my tag...

I'm sharing some creative magic today combining stamping with Amazing Mold Rubber along with my favorite new friends... my Faber-Castell Gelatos®

I joined a summer themed tag swap at Viva Las VegaStamps! and I wanted to have a painterly background to showcase my stamped images. Faber-Castell Gelatos® are my current favorite go with me everywhere tool and this was a perfect occasion to do a little Cre8time experimentation with monoprinting on my AMAZING No-Gelatin Rubber Plate

**To view mixing and preparation of Amazing Mold Rubber and how I created my AMAZING No-Gelatin Rubber Plate CLICK HERE! To view a second video which is a test run on my faux gelatin plate... and my FIRST TRY at Gellin' – CLICK HERE.



Using an assortment of yellow, green and blue Gelatos®, I colored directly to my AMAZING No-Gelatin Rubber Plate. I added a few spritzes of water and then pressed a natural color cardstock onto the top, rubbed and pulled off the monoprint.


The yellow is pretty strong and still has some color left after the first print. I added a little more blue and green, spritzed again and repeated to create a half dozen prints with similar color... each with it's own painterly personality.


Here's what two of my collection of Gelatos®
monoprints looked like before stamping.


The completed tag comes to life after adding some stamped and inky goodness! I trimmed my papers to tag shape, added some VLVS! stamp images and added touches of color with Faber-Castell PITT Artist Pens applied like watercolors using a water brush. I added some shimmer the airstream using my Gelly Stardust Hologram pen and topped off with some colorful ribbons and fibers. It's total summer fun!!!


Now it's time for project cleanup {boo-hoo}. Despite my best efforts, the Gelatos stained my AMAZING No-Gelatin Rubber Plate and wouldn't wash off very easily {they do have a bit of a waxy composition to them}. No worries! I have a crafty fix-it... pour resin on it and peel it off! I rubbed a sheet of blank cardstock over to make sure it was completely DRY and FREE of water/moisture before proceeding with resin.

My apologies I didn't get a photo of the resin mixing/pouring step {CLICK HERE for mixing/preparation of Amazing Casting Resin}. I prepared a small batch of Amazing Casting Resin and poured directly on top of Gelatos – spreading around with stir stick evenly to edges. For added stability and to help speed up curing of thin layer of Amazing Casting Resin, I gently pressed a crumpled sheet of deli paper into the liquid resin – careful not to press so hard to squeeze the resin out off the edges of the rubber plate. Just enough to get a bond of resin to paper.


When cured after about 20 minutes, I gently peeled the resin back from the rubber plate which completely removes all of the Gelatos®. It's so AMAZING!


Side-by-side the clean rubber plate and my paper-backed resin pull.


My plate is clean now and I also have a wonderful painted resin base for other mixed-media arting on another day.

I hope you find some time to have some creative play today and I look forward to seeing what you create. Happy Sunday! Sb :)

3 comments:

  1. Fabulous tag Susan, it just oozes summer. Love the cheeky sun. Looks like you enjoyed your Def Leppard gig - most of them are from Sheffield which is the city where I live. I expect they mentioned me ! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the images you chose for this! Perfect for summer!! Your background is awesome too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A real fun and happy tag Susan thanks for your inspiration

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your thoughts and comments...

Blog Widget by LinkWithin