Translate

**If you have previously subscribed to received my posts via email: Please subscribe to my posts via Bloglovin in the right sidebar.**

Sunday, June 1, 2014

This Summer I'm Lovin' my #Cre8time... Anything But a Card Challenge No. 36



Good Morning and can you believe it's June already. I don't have a clue where last month went – but living in steamy South Florida... I'm pretty sure it evaporated. I'm starting off a new month with a creative road trip to meet and play with some artsy friends and a new project to share that will quench your creative thirst!


Today begins a brand new challenge... Anything But a Card Challenge #36 - Summer Lovin'!! Any and all things summer are your inspiration... and we are sure that most of you are happy that Summer has finally arrived to melt away the winter blues. Remember we welcome scrapbook pages, ATCs, tags, and more... just anything but a card!

Challenge 36 : Summer Lovin' – A celebration of all things summer! Think summer weather, vacations, sunflowers, beach parties, cold drinks and Barbeques... bright colors and wide open sky. Pool parties all day, then sitting in lawn chairs sipping drinks and watching the night sky.

* * * * * * * *

I have a busy workweek {as most of us do} - so I plan wisely when making molds or pouring resin. I plan, prepare and start many projects so there's no waste and I've always have lots of neat things to work with. I have been tinkering around with citrus molds {like this project using grapefruit} for a good while now and doing a lot of experimentation.


The result of today's project was from an experiment in coloring with Ranger Perfect Pearls and pouring techniques using Amazing Clear Cast Resin... and it just happened to work out. So I had these beautiful cast resin lime slices just screaming to be transformed into something fabulous. 


I needed a birthday gift so I turned these lime slices into some lovely earrings while enjoying my morning coffee. Taking the resin slices along with some coated jewelry wire, a couple earring dangles and some pretty colored beads... I have a pair of fun earrings whipped up in no time {in about a 1/2 an hour to be exact since my beading and wiring skills are novice}.


I gave these to my sister for her birthday and she adores them... they are the perfect compliment to her colorful print blouse. Best part... they are her favorite color LIME GREEN!

* * * * * * * *

Thanks for stopping by today! I hope you find a little time to do some creating. I look forward to seeing what you create {CLICK HERE to LINK UP your projects}.  :) Sb

5 comments:

  1. Lime earrings are the perfect accessory to Margarita Night! These are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally love these Susan. I so wish we could have a play day together.....I would love to learn moulding and resin making too....kind of scares me.
    Now your earrings.....IF you sister even flickered her eyes snatch them back....because I WANT them :).

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are so cool! I have yet to play with resin, but the lime slices turned out amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are so cool! Love the effect... they look very realistic. I could visualise slices floating in a jug of cold water! That resin technique looks very interesting and intriguing. Cheers, Di

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adore these Susan and if I saw them in a shop I would snap them up.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your thoughts and comments...

Blog Widget by LinkWithin