Translate

**If you have previously subscribed to received my posts via email: Please subscribe to my posts via Bloglovin in the right sidebar.**

Sunday, April 6, 2014

The Bells are Chiming! It's TIME for Anything But a Card Challenges No. 34

If you arrived here from Unruly Paper Arts...
CLICK HERE to jump to my "Teacups and Tiaras" Reader's Art Quest Inspiration


Good Morning! It's time for a new Challenge at Anything But a Card Challenges and I have a SPRINGTIME STEAMPUNK project to share that I created combining the Frog Dog Studio March Kit and Amazing Crafting Products. I am totally Cuckoo for all things "Steampunk" and I also have an extreme sweet tooth of the marshmallow Peeps® variety. I have created an amazing whimsical timepiece combining both... and repurposing a glitter tray too!




The new Challenge... Anything But a Card Challenge #34 - "SPRING Forward"!! We know Spring is dragging it's feet in arriving as ol' man winter keeps his heels dug in the snow and ice... so we are celebrating the new season with an OPEN THEME!!! Feel free to break out the bright colors and create along with Spring and Easter, or create whatever your muse desires... as long as it's anything but a card!


Please share any current project you have created and JUST REMEMBER... create anything EXCEPT a card for this challenge. Please mention and LINK BACK to this challenge. ALSO - Please new projects only {no-backlinking}. :)


* * * * * * * * * * * *



This is a sampling of most of the supplies I used to create this masterpiece. Yes there is a glitter tray here. WHAT!!?? Not to leave you in suspense – the glitter tray will be repurposed to be transformed into the faux birdhouse backdrop for my Steampunk Cuckoo Clock.


This project was a labor of love - involving loads of steps and preparing WAY more items to adhere than can possibly fit... and a Tim Gunn "editing eye" was in order. Please CLICK HERE to jump over to see the entire HOW-TO and process.




The resin layered gear assemblies and one bolt finishes the top. I might add more to the other side after this grows on me a bit.



RUSTY found furniture protectors are perfect escutcheons for my clock. I also used ball chain to hang some findings from the bottom.



On one side is a rusty found wrench and the other item, my cast resin wishbone cluster from my favorite handmade necklace... I can always make another... and I will!


Steampunk Cuckoo Clock!



I am going to permanently display this in my studio where it can inspire me daily!

• • • • • • • • • • • • •

Thanks for stopping by today! I hope you find a little time to do some creating. I look forward to seeing what you create {CLICK HERE to LINK UP your projects}.  :) Sb

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your thoughts and comments...

Blog Widget by LinkWithin